Office of Staffing
The Office of Staffing, is part of the Department of Human Resources, and is responsible for recruiting and hiring the highest quality employees, and providing a broad spectrum of support services for prospective and current employees. The Office of Staffing also supports the goals of the Blueprint 2.0 with regard to developing and implementing a comprehensive Human Resources management plan that addresses recruiting and selecting highly qualified and effective staff at all levels of the organization.
Additionally, the Office of Staffing
- Recruits, hires, and maintains all personnel-related activities for all employees.
- Coordinates, along with the Office of Investigations and Records Management, the processes required for fingerprinting and required background investigations for all candidates.
- Prepares the staffing calendar.
- Develops, plans, and implements the recruiting schedule, transfer fairs, and career fairs.
- Designs and implements the new employees’ orientation and Benefits meeting.
- Collaborates with the Office of Organizational Development for training and support on current issues for educators and support services employees.
- Provides orientation, initiatives, support, and consultation to new applicants
- Networks with local colleges and universities to develop alternative preparation programs such as Maryland Approved Alternative Preparation Programs (MAAPP).
- Assists professional and classified staff to achieve and maintain their maryland certificates, licenses, or other appropriate certifications.
- Provides personnel programs for Temporary And Substitute Employment
- Provides professional growth advisors and liaisons to the Maryland State Department of Education.
6901 Charles Street, Building E
Towson, MD 21204