Department of Digital Learning
To live in a technology and media-driven environment,
students, teachers, and administrators must master the 21st
Century skills of collaboration, communication, problem solving, and
critical thinking through the effective use of technology.
It is the mission of the Office of Digital Learning to:
- Provide technology integration leadership to schools and offices
to support the implementation of school improvement plans, differentiated
instruction, and best practices in integrating technology into 21st
Century teaching and learning.
- Provide on-site support to school administrators, technology integration
teachers, and instructional technology liaisons as they utilize
technology resources to support instruction with a focus on increased
- Provide a variety of system-wide and school-based high quality
professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators
in technology integration that support research-based instructional
practice and meet the Maryland Technology Literacy Standards
for Students, Maryland Teacher Technology Standards, the Maryland
Technology Standards for School Administrators, and the Maryland
Teacher Professional Development Standards.
- Facilitate procedures for schools to provide online courses for
students, with an emphasis on Advanced Placement Courses.
- Expand the use of online tools to support collaboration and communication
by BCPS curriculum offices and schools.
- Facilitate the Instructional Software and Web Based Resources
Evaluation Process to identify software and web based resources
that meet instructional goals.
Office of Digital Learning
Baltimore County Public Schools
105 W. Chesapeake Ave.
Jefferson Building - Lower Level
Towson, MD 21204
BCPS Staff: Please be sure to visit the ODL Intranet