Third Party Billing
The Office of Third Party Billing is dedicated to strengthening student achievement through the reimbursement of funds collected from Medicaid and other third parties.
Key Goals and Objectives for the Office of Third Party Billing
- Train school-based staff to identify and document services provided to Medicaid-eligible special education students who receive case management and related services to ensure the success of the Third Party Billing program.
- Provide quality fiscal management for all funds generated through the Third Party Billing program to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with the other BCPS offices to ensure the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the billing systems.
- Ensure that all billing data and supporting documentation are in compliance with federal and state regulations, and effectively bill Medicaid and other third party payors for services provided in schools.
- Administer the BCPS Autism Waiver program.
- Monitor data and provide timely feedback to schools regarding encounter data submitted for services provided at the schools.
- Provide outreach efforts to families who do not have insurance and are interested in applying for Medical Assistance.
- Collaborate with the Maryland social services agencies and BCPS Office of Pupil Personnel Services to ensure accuracy in the Out-of-County Living Arrangement program data, billings, and collection.
The Office of Third Party Billing’s website provides you with:
Frequently Asked Questions
Charles Tyler, Jr.
443-809-4130 – Fax:410-583-2468
Additional information can be found by visiting our Intranet