Area Education Advisory Councils of Baltimore County
Functions of the Advisory Council
- We provide a forum for interested citizens and community
groups to bring forward issues and concerns.
- We hold annual pre-budget hearings to solicit comments
from the public about budget priorities.
- We function as a sounding board for proposed policy changes.
- We advise the Board of Education about community opinions
and reactions to issues and policy.
- We bring together policymakers and experts to interpret
and educate the community about new legislation, Board of
Education policy, and new school initiatives.
- We meet with elected officials to advocate on behalf of
- We provide information that is used in the development
of the school system’s educational program.
- We are available when community members have questions
to direct them to the appropriate school officials.
- We monitor and have input in areas such as student enrollment
projections and facilities issues, including architectural
planning and design.